From the perspective of Joe Dann (F4A Senior Guide)
I have often said, there is nothing better than a cold beer after a long hike. It’s true. It’s a simple pleasure that many of us enjoy after a hard day of hiking in the Alps, on our Tour du Mont Blanc trip. The only question is beer first, or shower first? I’m a beer first kind of guy.
The thing is, we don’t stop at the simple pleasures. It’s actually the ‘luxe’ touches that make our trip special:
· Charming hand-picked inns, huts and hostels on the route – not the cheapest, but our faves
· Rest day in medieval town of Courmayeur, Italy after first week, with pasta dinner
· Luggage transfers most days (you carry only a day pack)
· A private chalet (and private chef) at the end of the trip in Chamonix
· A day to explore the French resort town of Chamonix
It’s true, the route we take is challenging, and you do need to be in good hiking shape to give it go. But it rewards us with some of the most exquisite mountain scenery in the world!
It’s a classic and popular European adventure ... and it’s even better when doing it our way!
Here are a few pics of what I'm talkin' about ...